AloeVera and Eczema, Child Eczema, nature has an answer!
Aloe Vera, when taken internally and used externally has been proven to be effective in the treatment and management of eczema. Aloe Vera contains polysacchrides (complex sugars) that is excellent for moisturising and hydrating the skin.
When applied on dry eczema skin, it is quickly absorbed, reduces the itching and skin irritation and keeps the skin supple. Aloe’s healing power comes from increasing the availability of oxygen to the skin, and by increasing the synthesis and strength of tissues.
What is Eczema? Eczema is an inflammatory condition that causes dry itchy skin. It often begins in first couple of months of life with red; weeping lesions on the face, scalp nappy area and extremities. In adults, it usually affects the neck, inside the elbows and back of the knees. Eczema is often worse during infancy and greatly improves by early adulthood and many children improve by age two.
Eczema is common in people with asthma, hay fever and other allergies. The rash may first develop as tiny blisters, which break and crush over. It is prone to infection especially if scratching is not controlled.
It is believed to be caused by an immune system weakness during infancy. This breach in the immune system takes place in the gut, which results in food allergens entering the blood thus resulting in eczema (and in some cases other allergic conditions such as asthma and hay fever).
Tips on Managing Eczema
Along side using Aloe Vera products , environmental and lifestyle factors play an important part in helping to manage the conditions.
Diet is another factor. The most common dietary factors contributing to childhood eczema are food allergies (most often wheat, dairy, eggs, Soya, food colourings and preservatives) combined with a lack of “good fats”, which have powerful anti-inflammatory effects. To see if your child’s eczema is triggered by any particular food or drink, keep a food diary for a couple of weeks because the reaction won’t be immediate.
A daily Omega-3 supplement is recommended since in most cases we can’t get enough from our daily diet. When choosing any supplement for your child, make sure the label states that it is definitely suitable for their age group. AloeVera And Eczema relieve can be boosted by using Natural Herbal products.
Eczema Home Treatment
Other than using Aloe Vera,there are a number of eczema home treatments that can be applied to help relieve this condition.
1. Helping the skin retain moisture is important to successful treatment.
2. Take brief daily baths or showers with lukewarm (not hot)water. Use a gentle soap or non-soap cleanser. If possible bath without soap.
3. After bathing, pat skin dry and apply a lubricating cream(vaseline, Aloe Vera gel, Nutraderm). The cream may help keep your skin from drying out. reapply cream aften.
4. An oatmeal bath may help relieve itching. Wrap one cup of Oatmeal in a cotton cloth and boil as you would to cook it. Use this as sponge and bath in tepid water without soap.
5. An oral antihistamine(Benadry) may help relieve itching and relax you enough to allow sleep. Avoid antiseptic creams and sprays, as they irritate the skin.
6. Use a humidifier in the bedroom.
7. Wash cloths and beddings in mild detergents and rinse at least twice. Do not use fabric softner if it is irritating.
8. Avoid contact with any irritants or allegens that cause problems.
9. Wear cotton clothing. Avoid wool and acrylic fabric next to skin.
10. Keep the itchy area cool and wet. Try a compress soaked in ice water.
11. Avoid over exposure to the sun.
AloeVera And Eczema solutions are inexpensive. Whenever you have access to the Aloe Vera Plant, simply pick the leaf, slice it lengthwise and immediately apply the gel directly on the affected area of the skin. It has to be done immediately because Aloe Vera oxidises quickly when exposed to air. Aloe Vera Gel has hydrating, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties and can be a better alternative to other chemically based skin care products that are found in the market.
Links to Aloe Vera Products and helpful Aloe videos and e-books :
Gently Remove Dead Dry Skin.